Are you looking for help with depression, anxiety, sleep, parenting, relationship issues, addictions, loss, or decision-making?
Maybe you are feeling burnt-out, or want life to be more satisfying?
What does therapy offer?
• A safe non-judgemental place for sharing your experience
• Exploring issues and appraising your situation in a new way
• Seeing past self-limiting beliefs and negative thought patterns toward greater freedom
• Creating or restoring hope
• Using powerful emotions in a constructive way
• Finding solutions to a wide range of problems
The strengths and individuality of each person are integral to Christine’s work.
She supports people to develop their own solutions within the context of theirculture, relationships, values and spirituality. Sometimes lasting change requires looking sensitively at the past, challenging long-standing patterns or accessing further support. The work can be relaxed and fun, but also stimulate profound emotions and insights.
At our first meeting, we will discuss what you want from counselling and you will be given choice over how we work. I will be guided by you but will draw from my experience. I will maintain your privacy (unless I have good reason to believe you or someone else is seriously at risk). I will discuss referral elsewhere if that appears to be indicated.
Some of the methods I use are listed here as links to websites that offer more explanation on what they are like and how they work:
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
• Narrative approaches
• Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) See: www.iceeft.com or www.nzeft.org.nz
• Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
• Mind/body therapies
• Creative therapies and Interactive drawing therapy
Cost and payment
Payment: Please pay at the end of your session or deposit payment via internet the day before.
Cost: Counselling is $100/hour. Subsidy or full funding may be available via Public Health Organisation (PHO) or workplace schemes such as vitae or Instep.Criteria apply.
In the case of a late cancellation (less than 48 hours), you will be expected to pay the full fee.Counselling is by appointment only.
Cellphone: (021) 247-4717 or email: email@example.com
Rooms: 85 The Terrace, Wellington