Christine works with couples to help them understand their patterns, break negative cycles, address their needs, and reconnect.
Relationship Therapy – Marriage Counselling
Christine Thomson is passionate about assisting couples to enhance their relationship. She has a natural way of engaging with both partners to create an atmosphere where they can safely speak and be heard.
Do any of these sound like you? Do any of these sound like you?
• the person of your dreams sometimes feels like the person of your nightmares
• you’re living with your partner’s defensive exterior rather than the real person
• a betrayal has shaken the foundations of your relationship
• one person begins to change or grow in a new direction
• you want to move to a new level in your emotional, spiritual or physical relationship
If ‘Conflict is growth trying to happen’, how do we move it there?
When couples lose their love connection or develop fixed patterns of arguing, the topic of the disagreement often becomes less critical than their need to break the cycle and reconnect.
How do we work?
The EFT model that Christine is trained in allows couples to understand what drives their negative cycle, to break it, and experience moments of change that have a lasting affect. It is backed by research which finds that 75-80% of couples move from distress to recovery and approximately 90% show significant improvements.
This structured approach allows couples to develop a new pattern of relating based on a close connection, allowing them to deal with old and new hurts, and address underlying needs.
For more on EFT (Emotionally Focussed Therapy) see www.iceeft.com or www.nzeft.org.nz